Public Health Services
Marin/Sonoma Mosquito Vector Control District
The Marin/Sonoma Mosquito Vector Control District provides free programs and services for residents such as:
- Mosquito Control
- Yellowjacket Control
- Rodent Advice and Inspections
To take advantage of these free programs and services, please visit the Marin/Sonoma Mosquito Vector Control District website.
Sonoma County Department of Health Services
The Sonoma County Department of Health Services provides over 80 different health-related services including:
- Addiction treatment services
- Animal inspection services and adoptions
- Disease reporting
- Food facility inspections
- Freshwater quality
- Health hotlines and helplines
- Mental health services
- Suicide prevention
- Tobacco education
- Water testing
- Wildlife assistance
To learn more and to take advantage of these services and information, please visit the Sonoma County Department of Health Services website.
Sonoma County Human Services Department
The Sonoma County Human Services Department strives to support the health, safety, and well-being of individuals, families and the community.
Their programs and services benefit more than 100,000 seniors, veterans, adults, teens, children, and people with disabilities, through four service divisions:
- Adult and aging services helps ensure the safety, independence, and well-being of older adults, persons with disabilities, and military veterans and their families.
- Economic assistance helps low-income and other individuals and families apply for money for food, health care, dental care, financial assistance, and other services to meet basic needs.
- Employment and training provides job search, employment, and training services for residents, and helps business and other employers find qualified job applicants for positions.
- Family, youth and children's services help ensure the safety and well-being of children and teens who have been abused, neglected or abandoned.
The department also serves the community through: